Configuration of a 20 MWth Heating Plant
Nexterra's low pressure (up to 150 psig) steam and hot water generation systems provide clean, reliable thermal energy for District Energy Plants or Industrial Process Plants where steam power generation is not required.
- Output: Hot Air, Hot Water, Steam
- System Sizes: 2 to 40 MWt (8 to 120 MMBtu/hr)
- System Efficiency (HHV): 72 – 82% depending on fuel/project specifics
- System Efficiency (LHV): 77 – 87% depending on fuel/project specifics
- Fuel Types: Wood Residuals, Clean Construction Debris, Biosolids
- Fuel Feed: 25 – 250 tonnes per day (bone dry)
- Fuel Moisture Content: 6 – 60% moisture
- Fuel Size: 7.5 cm (3 inches) or less in all dimensions
- Example Projects: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, University of Northern British Columbia, Dockside Green, Tolko Industries
Contact us to see if your project is a suitable candidate for our low pressure steam/hot water system.